JOB POSTINGscheduling MANAGER
We are seeking a Scheduling Manager to join our Project Controls team in South Boston, MA.
Essential Job Duties
- Direct oversight of 3 to 5 Construction Schedulers.
- Manage team by assigning tasks, managing workload, coordinating with client and stakeholders, and providing Quality Assurance/Quality Control of project deliverables.
- Attend internal and external project-related meetings as required.
- Responsible for review and management of assigned projects, including budget and performance to plan for all active assigned projects.
- Provide leadership, ensure timely and collaborative communication with clients, and assist clients with maintaining and managing project and program level schedules.
- Ensure adherence to contracted scope of work, that work is being processed in the most efficient manner, and resolve areas of client concern.
- Participate in and lead project planning and scheduling review meetings and assist with communication and coordination of schedule input to project stakeholders.
- When necessary, carries out all the duties of the Construction Schedulers, including hands-on development of scheduling deliverables, and other duties typically assigned to the Scheduling Staff such as:
- Developing full CPM schedule logic for construction projects including milestones, procurement, construction and closeout activities.
- Development and maintenance of scheduling work breakdown structure (WBS) to ensure project coding is effectively used for all project controls applications.
- Participating in and leading project planning and scheduling review meetings, and assisting with communication and coordination of schedule input to project stakeholders.
- Leading or assisting in the development of program/project resource and cost loaded schedules for design, procurement, start-up, construction, and close-out.
- Responsible for assembling data for schedule development and updating.
- Developing and maintaining templates and layouts for project development and reporting.
- Producing scheduling analysis and management reports and assisting with tracking corrective actions.
- Developing municipal and state agency requirements for contractor time determination schedules.
- Developing contractor baseline schedule and achieve acceptance from agency reviewers.
- Reviewing and approving contractor baselines and schedule updates.
- Reviewing and developing updated and progressed schedules for monthly submissions conforming to contractor payment requisitions, and preparing reports for project stakeholders.
- Measuring progress and reviewing invoices of contractors to confirm schedule conformance.
- Conducting or assisting with performance measurement and associated schedule trends.
- Updating schedules for change orders and time impact determinations.
- Analyzing contractor schedules, schedule variances and construction data to identify key project issues and recommend corrective action.
- Analyzing contractor critical path updates, schedule progress, and evaluating schedule options.
- Assisting with coordination, reconciliation, and integration of functional schedules to maintain the project/program control schedule.
- BA/BS degree in Civil Engineering preferred; Management or Business Administration in related field accepted as well.
- 5-7 years of experience in construction project scheduling on capital projects, or equivalent work experience.
- Experience with public transportation agencies such as MassDOT, MBTA, RIDOT or similar client types.
- Prior experience in road, bridge, aviation, and/or rail projects, along with municipal or commercial building projects is preferred.
- Demonstrated verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to work in concert with contractors, consultants, and clients; and to maintain client satisfaction as a top priority.
- Hands-on scheduling experience and working knowledge of Oracle Primavera P6 and MSProject.
- In-depth knowledge of Excel as a tool for calculations and formatting of technical reports.
- Working knowledge of project management and office automation software such as e-Builder, Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Access, Project).
- Working knowledge of field construction assemblies, sequencing, and duration of work.
- Ability to develop construction schedules, incorporate changes to schedule baselines and updates.
- Familiar with construction contracting and the scheduling implications of contract terms.
- Ability to resource load schedule and perform remedial schedule risk analysis.
Diversity and Inclusion
City Point Partners is committed to investing in a diverse, equitable, and inclusive workplace where all employees feel welcome and empowered. We believe that a team diverse in people, experiences, and ideas enables us to better understand our clients and the communities we serve. Our firm seeks equity in developing talent, creating opportunities, and promoting leadership among staff.
City Point Partners is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, national origin, or disability.
Why Join City Point Partners?
City Point Partners was recognized in 2022 by the Greater Boston Chamber of Commerce as one of their Small Business of the Year Honorees in the Cultural Excellence category. Additionally, for three consecutive years we were honored by the Boston Business Journal as one of their “Best Places to Work”. We offer a competitive salary and benefits package. Work/life balance is important to us, as is providing a high level of service and quality to our clients.
Please send resumes to Office Manager Leila Cahillane at firstname.lastname@example.org