JOB POSTINGProject Controls Specialist
City Point Partners is a woman-owned construction services consulting firm located in Boston, MA. We offer a diverse employee-centric company culture and support a healthy work/life balance.
We are seeking to hire a full-time Project Controls Specialist to join our team of cost estimators and schedulers, working from a project office in Boston, MA.
Essential Job Duties
- Perform quantity takeoffs on drawings using on-screen methods and quantity reports
- Review and develop estimates, change orders, and time impact determinations for heavy civil and vertical projects including railroads, bridges, highways, industrial buildings and laboratories
- Perform order of magnitude, schematic and detailed bottom-up estimates
- Build detailed engineering cost reports, change notices, and other cost control tools
- Analyze and validate estimates and schedules performed by others
- Develop full CPM schedule logic for construction projects including milestones, procurement, construction and closeout activities
- Lead or assist in the development of program/project resource and cost loaded schedules for design, procurement, start-up, construction, and closeout
- Analyze contractor critical path updates and construction data, and evaluate schedule options
- Assist with development and maintenance of scheduling work breakdown structure (WBS)
- Assist with coordination, reconciliation and integration of functional schedules to maintain the project/program control schedule
- Create narrative executive reports and detail reports for estimate and schedule deliverables conform to clients’ expectations and industry standards
- A Bachelor’s degree in Civil Engineering or equivalent work experience in construction
- Experience in estimating, budgeting, controls, and scheduling on capital projects
- Demonstrated ability to understand plans and specifications for developing estimates and schedules
- Knowledge of CSI work breakdown and division structures, including Uniformat and MasterFormat
- Experience with cost estimating tools such as RS Means, Sage Estimating, On-Screen-Takeoff, and Bluebeam
- Knowledge of Excel as a tool for calculations and formatting of technical reports
- Demonstrated hands-on scheduling experience and working knowledge of Oracle Primavera P6 and MS Project
- Knowledge of field construction assemblies, sequencing, and duration of work
- Ability to develop construction schedules and incorporate changes to schedule baselines and updates
- Knowledge of earned value analysis, change value management, and estimate at completion projections
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Ability to provide a high quality of service to clients and maintaining client satisfaction
Diversity and Inclusion
City Point Partners is committed to investing in a diverse, equitable, and inclusive workplace where all employees feel welcome and empowered. We believe that a team diverse in people, experiences, and ideas enables us to better understand our clients and the communities we serve. Our firm seeks equity in developing talent, creating opportunities, and promoting leadership among staff.
City Point Partners is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, national origin, or disability.
Please send resumes to Leila Cahillane at firstname.lastname@example.org