JOB POSTINGSenior Project Manager – OPM Group
The Senior Project Manager is responsible for securing and overseeing the successful planning and delivery of public and private construction projects as the Owner’s representative. The ideal candidate will be highly effective serving on Project Teams promoting the best interests of the Owner at all times, and professionally representing City Point Partners in all matters.
This position reports directly to the Director of Program Management. The Senior Project Manager will manage project teams comprising project management, administrative, and field staff on various projects. The Senior Project Manager will also work with the company’s Project Controls group on schedule evaluation and budget control, will work with the Contracts Manager on accounting and invoicing, and the Director of Marketing on Business Development
We are seeking an entrepreneurial candidate who recognizes this position as an opportunity to develop and grow the OPM line of business. This person must possess the leadership skills to advocate for continuous improvement, inspire and mentor staff, and contribute to City Point Partners’ growth in the OPM service sector through fostering strong client relationships and delivering the highest quality work product.
• Oversee projects and project delivery as the Owner’s representative on multiple project assignments from initial planning through project completion and close-out. Ensure proper oversight and timely reporting of costs, schedule, quality, and contract administration.
• Prepare proposal responses and participate in presentations and interviews to win work.
• Prepare fee proposals, review and negotiate contracts with clients, and maintain positive client relations. Prepare requests for additional services when appropriate and maintain job profitability for City Point Partners.
• Plan, develop, and update project budgets and schedules.
• Review and negotiate change orders in the best interests of the client.
• Contribute to resolution of complex construction-related issues, disputes, and disagreements.
• Ensure client satisfaction with City Point Partners’ OPM services.
• Ensure that projects teams adhere to OSHA and EH&S standards and policies.
• Oversee and ensure the effective performance of project teams, comprising architects, consulting engineers, contractors and vendors.
• Challenge project teams to identify and implement cost and time-saving measures.
• Lead project meetings, client meetings, and internal team meetings.
• Perform site visits as required.
• Manage City Point direct reports actively, effectively and positively. Develop career development plans and conduct performance reviews.
• Actively contribute to business development, working collaboratively with the Director of Program Management and Director of Marketing.
• Participate in professional associations – e.g., CMAA, ACEC, CIM, WTS, etc.
• Professional demeanor, appearance and conduct.
• Highly motivated, self-starter, organized, positive attitude, energetic personality.
• High level of personal integrity and business ethics, self-awareness, self-discipline, emotional intelligence, empathy, and commitment to diversity, equity and inclusion.
• Ability to multitask and work in a fast-pace environment as well as work independently or collaboratively as part of a team.
• Ability to inspire, manage, affirm, and develop staff skills and professional growth.
• Ability to provide staff with clear direction, expectations, and accountability.
• Ability to handle confrontation and conduct difficult conversations when appropriate.
• Ability to provide effective leadership on multiple projects from start to finish.
• Core knowledge of ground-up construction and renovation work
• Knowledge and experience working with MGL Chapter 149 and 149(a) projects
• Thorough understanding of contractor prequalification process
• Field experience as an OPM concurrently overseeing multiple projects
• Experience dealing directly with owners, developers, architects, contractors, and other project stakeholders.
• Thorough management knowledge of trade activities for both subcontract and self-performed scopes of work.
• Commitment to superior client service.
• A proven track record of outstanding individual and team performance.
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills – oral, written and listening.
• Excellent time management and meeting management skills.
• High motivation, assertiveness, and outstanding leadership skills.
• Strong technical skills, including a thorough understanding of interpreting building. construction plans and specifications, and the ability to conduct constructability reviews
• Computer literacy in Microsoft Office Suite software and specialized construction scheduling and project management software.
• Excellent administrative and organizational skills.
• Certified Construction Manager (CCM), Professional Engineer (PE) or Architect RA license/certification preferred.
• MCPPO certification a plus.
• OSHA training, LEED accreditation, Lean Management training are a plus.
• Prior experience in municipal, State, Federal, and Education construction.
• Bachelor of Science in Construction Management, Engineering or Architecture.
• 10+ years of experience as a Project Manager and/or Senior Project Manager in the construction building sector, with at least 2 years of experience working as OPM.
Equal Opportunity Employment
City Point Partners is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, national origin, or disability.
Why Join City Point Partners?
City Point Partners has won three years in a row the award for “Best Places to Work” in 2016, 2017, and 2018. We offer a competitive base salary, excellent benefits package, 401(k) plan, and bonuses. Work/life balance is important to us, as is providing a high level of service and quality to our clients.
Please send resume and cover letter to Leila Cahillane at email@example.com