JOB POSTINGCost Estimator
Essential Job Duties
• Perform quantity takeoffs on drawings using on-screen methods and quantity reports
• Review and develop estimates, change orders, and time impact determinations for heavy civil and vertical projects, including railroads, bridges, highways, industrial buildings, and laboratories
• Perform order of magnitude, schematic and detailed bottom-up estimates
• Create narrative executive reports and detail reports for estimated deliverables
• Develop templates for estimates and spreadsheets for executive summary deliverables
• Build detailed engineering cost reports, change notices, and other cost control tools
• Analyze and validate estimates performed by others
• Maintain and update local databases of items and assemblies
• Create local labor tables for market segments per project
• Conform deliverables to clients’ expectations and industry standards
• A Bachelor’s degree in Civil Engineering or equivalent work experience in construction
• Experience in estimating, controls, budgeting, and database management on capital projects
• Having a clear understanding of construction plans and specifications for estimate development
• Working knowledge of CSI work breakdown and division structures, including Uniformat and Masterformat
• Knowledge of cost estimating tools such as Sage Estimating, MCACES MII, On-Screen-Takeoff, Bluebeam Revu, RSMeans, or others
• In-depth knowledge of Excel as a tool for calculations and formatting of technical reports
• Working knowledge of MS Office suite and MS Project
• Demonstrated verbal and written communication skills
Diversity and Inclusion
City Point Partners is committed to investing in a diverse, equitable, and inclusive workplace where all employees feel welcome and empowered. We believe that a team diverse in people, experiences, and ideas enables us to better understand our clients and the communities we serve. Our firm seeks equity in developing talent, creating opportunities, and promoting leadership among staff.
City Point Partners is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, national origin, or disability.
Why Join City Point Partners?
City Point Partners has won three years in a row the award for “Best Places to Work” in the Boston Business Journal. We offer a competitive salary and benefits package. Work/life balance is important to us, as is providing a high level of service and quality to our clients.
Please send a resume to Leila Cahillane at firstname.lastname@example.org