JOB POSTINGDocument Control Manager
We are seeking to fill a full-time position of Document Control Manager to support an infrastructure construction project in transportation, working from an office located in Boston, MA.
Essential Job Duties
• Administering and maintaining the document control management process in accordance with project policies, procedures, and work instructions. Duties will include document processing, scanning, filing, tracking, retrieval, control and distribution, data entry, and posting documents into document management systems.
• Implementing and maintaining the project’s document folder structure within e-Builder® cloud-based construction management solution.
• Managing the repository and tracking systems for all project documents; correspondence, requests for information (RFIs), requests for waivers (RFWs), contract deliverables, design plans, engineering reviews, product data, work plans, and reporting.
• Developing, refining, and implementing document control procedures and work instructions.
• Reviewing submittals, deliverables, and construction documents for completeness and accuracy.
• Performing office engineering duties including submittal review status tracking, technical review consolidation, comment discrepancy resolution, and review finalization.
• Retrieving and distributing project documents as required.
• Establishing and conducting a quality assurance audit process on all document files, electronic images, and databases including data entered by contractors.
• Overseeing the maintenance of hard copy files and ensuring consistency with electronic records.
• Establishing a written process for the Design-Builder/Project Construction Manager including all contractors to provide and upload source files and PDF versions of all documents.
• Coordinating contract document control closeout activities. Coordinating archival and/or transfer of project/contract files (hard copy and/or electronic files) upon completion of contract as directed.
• Participating in document control meetings, staff, and other meetings as required.
• Recover/restore corrupted document files when needed. Handle sensitive and/or confidential documents and information
• Regular and consistent attendance and punctuality.
• Electronic, verbal and in-person communication with client, executives, consultants, contractors, design-build team, and other project staff.
• Proficiency with MS Office Professional including but not limited to MS Outlook, MS Word (including advance Word functions such as the use of headers/footers, table of contents, tables/columns and creating and running mail merges), MS Excel (use of spreadsheets for tracking data and computations), Adobe Acrobat Pro (merging multiple PDF files into one consolidated PDF and/or replacing pages), scanning and imaging applications.
• Ability to interface with a variety of people and be able to work as part of a team.
• Exceptional proof-reading and quality control skills. Careful attention to detail and accuracy is a must.
• Must be highly organized and detail oriented.
• Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills.
• Ability to work independently without detailed direction or supervision.
• Flexible and able to readily adapt to changing priorities and take direction from more than source working to bring all team members together, and effectively communicate schedule and/or priority conflicts, changing priorities and/or assignments.
• Sensitivity to time deadlines so that work is accomplished in the time frames required.
• Ability to work consistently at a fast pace.
• ABILITY TO MAINTAIN CONFIDENTIALITY OF INFORMATION.
• Familiarity with transit, engineering and/or construction terminology.
• Working knowledge or previous experience using e-Builder® software.
• Experience in or knowledge of the railroad industry.
• Must have construction/engineering document control/configuration management experience:
• Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent in a related field, or
• Associate Degree or equivalent in a related field with at least two years of work-related experience, or
• High School Diploma with at least four years of work-related experience.
Equal Opportunity Employment
City Point Partners is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, national origin, or disability.
Diversity and Inclusion
City Point Partners is committed to investing in a diverse, equitable, and inclusive workplace where all employees feel welcome and empowered. We believe that a team diverse in people, experiences, and ideas enables us to better understand our clients and the communities we serve. Our firm seeks equity in developing talent, creating opportunities, and promoting leadership among staff.
Why Join City Point Partners?
City Point Partners has won two years in a row the award for “Best Places to Work” in 2016 and 2017. We offer a competitive base salary, excellent benefits package, 401(k) plan, and bonuses. Work/life balance is important to us, as is providing a high level of service and quality to our clients.
Please send resume and cover letter to Leila Cahillane at firstname.lastname@example.org