CAREERSWe are a growing construction services firm dedicated to providing excellent service to our clients and a work environment that takes into consideration an employee’s personal goals from work/life balance to professional development. We are seeking skilled professionals who want to help build our organization – are you that person?
Assistant Project Manager/Assistant Resident Engineer
This position provides an opportunity for an individual to train both as an Assistant Project Manager and a Resident Engineer on a major construction project at Logan Airport. The qualified individual must be organized, have good communication skills, and to be flexible by working both in an office and in the field. This position will provide hands- on experience in both areas.
Directly assist the Project Manager/Resident Engineer in managing, coordinating and administering all phases of the construction project from preconstruction through close out.
Provide professional project supervision as necessary during construction activities on projects. Observes, inspects and documents the Contractor’s work to assure adherence to the contract plans and specifications. Manages and coordinates all phases of construction activities to ensure the work does not impact daily operations and is in conformance with the project documents.
Ability to work closely with a Project Manager/Resident Engineer to learn and develop skills in the construction industry.
Assistant Project Manager
• Assist the project team to ensure project completion is within budget, schedule and in conformance with the design documents and project requirements.
• Assist in the preparation and reviewing of subcontractor contracts, purchase orders and change orders.
• Administer shop drawing schedule, and log and process shop drawings for approval.
• Develop and Maintain “Required on Job” material status log.
• Resolve field-initiated questions with subcontractors including administering the Requests for Information (RFI) process to closure.
• Coordinate activities among the design groups and subcontractors.
• Attend weekly job meetings and prepare minutes.
• Review and distribute revised design document to subcontractors.
• Assist in the tracking of project cost from trade buy out to completion.
• Manage and validate Time & Material slips.
• Retrieve and validate subcontractor requisitions.
• Assist in the development of design, procurement and construction schedules.
• Assist with updating and maintaining the project schedule including soliciting schedule updates from all trade contractors, and support to maintain the master project schedule.
• Assist in the preparation of contract close out documents including as-builts, warranty documents, and close out manuals.
Assistant Resident Engineer
• Review design and bidding documents.
• Review contractors work on the site with responsibility for quality construction in accordance with plans and specifications.
• Track progress and process payment estimates based on accepted and installed quantities and CPM schedules.
• Coordinate, review, and process change orders.
• Track the progress of the job against the schedule.
• Make sure that all construction activities are being carried out in accordance to present safety rules.
• Prepare progress reports and assessments for each project phase.
• Review the Contractor’s initial construction progress schedule and all updates.
• Coordinate the construction activities with neighboring agencies, local communities, utility owners and other Contractors working concurrently in the same or adjacent work zone.
• Conduct a pre-construction conference, attend all meetings called by the client, and attend job meetings with the Contractor.
• Experience with computer applications including Microsoft Excel, Word, Project and PowerPoint.
• Experience with project management software (Procore, PMWeb, eBuilder).
• BS degree in Engineering, Architecture, or Construction Management or other related technical field preferred.
• 1-3 years of experience in Construction Management managing construction projects.
• Skills in oral and written communication.
• Ability to manage schedule and project budget to meet client schedule.
• Ability to take charge and effectively manage contractor trades to meet project schedule.
• Knowledge of OSHA safety regulations with 10HR OSHA Safety card minimum.
Salary commensurate with experience.
If you are interested, please email your resume to Lisa Rookard at email@example.com.
Tell Us About Yourself
HOW MAY WE HELP?
Tell us a little about your needs or request a call back from one of our engineers.