CAREERSWe are a growing construction services firm dedicated to providing excellent service to our clients and a work environment that takes into consideration an employee’s personal goals from work/life balance to professional development. We are seeking skilled professionals who want to help build our organization – are you that person?
Project Controls Specialist
- Have a clear understanding of plans and specifications for estimate development.
- Knowledge of cost estimating tools such as RSMeans, Sage, On-Screen Takeoff or others.
- In-depth knowledge of Excel as a tool for calculations and formatting of technical reports.
- Working knowledge of cost control and office automation software such as e-Builder, Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Access, Project).
- Understanding of relational databases and database report writer tools such as Crystal.
- Perform quantity take-offs on drawings using on screen methods and quantity reports.
- Review and develop estimates, change orders and time impact determinations for heavy civil and vertical projects including railroads, bridges, highways, industrial buildings and laboratories.
- Perform order of magnitude, schematic and detailed bottom up estimates.
- Create narrative executive reports and detail reports for estimate deliverables.
- Develop templates for estimates and spreadsheets for executive summary deliverables.
- Build detailed engineering cost reports, change notices, and other cost control tools.
- Analyze and validate estimates performed by others.
- Maintain and update local databases of items and assemblies.
- Create local labor tables for market segments per project.
- Conform deliverables to clients’ expectations and industry standards.
- Hands-on scheduling experience and working knowledge of Oracle Primavera P6.
- Working knowledge of field construction assemblies, sequencing and durations of work.
- Ability to develop construction schedules, incorporate changes to schedule baselines and updates.
- Knowledge of earned value methodology, scope control and change management.
- Prior experience in road, bridge, aviation and/or rail projects, along with municipal or commercial building projects is preferred.
- Familiar with basic cost analysis and forecasting as it relates to planning and scheduling.
- Familiar with construction contracting and the scheduling implications of contract terms.
- Ability to use drawings and specifications for schedule development.
- Ability to resource load schedule and perform remedial schedule risk analysis.
- Ability to work in concert with contractors, consultants, and clients.
- Ability to keep client satisfaction a top priority.
- Develop full CPM schedule logic for construction projects including milestones, procurement, construction and closeout activities.
- Assist with development and maintenance of scheduling work breakdown structure (WBS) to ensure project coding is effectively used for all project controls applications.
- Participate in and lead project planning and scheduling review meetings and assist with communication and coordination of schedule input to project stakeholders.
- Lead or assist in the development of program/project resource and cost loaded schedules for design, procurement, start-up, construction, and close-out.
- Responsible for assembling data for schedule development and updating.
- Develop and maintain templates and layouts for project development and reporting.
- Produce scheduling analysis and management reports and assist with tracking corrective actions.
- Develop municipal and state agency requirements for contractor time determination schedules.
- Develop contractor baseline schedule and achieve acceptance from agency reviewers.
- Review and approve contractor baselines and schedule updates.
- Review and develop updated and progressed schedules for monthly submissions conforming to contractor payment requisitions and prepare reports for project stakeholders.
- Measure progress and review invoices of contractors to confirm schedule conformance.
- Conduct or assist with performance measurement and associated schedule trends.
- Update schedules for change orders and time impact determinations.
- Analyze contractor schedules, schedule variances and construction data to identify key project issues and recommend corrective action.
- Analyze contractor critical path updates, schedule progress, and evaluate schedule options.
- Assist with coordination, reconciliation and integration of functional schedules to maintain the project/program control schedule.
Program Cost Analysis
- Provide cost analysis on contracts and expenditures for assigned projects in the Capital and OPM Programs. Collect actual and projected costs on projects and analyze status of contracts and expenditures.
- Prepare reports on capital expenditures and utilization of funding, including anticipated and actual cash flow curves and analysis to support the finance aspects.
- Participate in planning meetings to assist in developing Critical Path Methods schedules that identify critical activities, project relationships and cash flow needs and analyses.
- Provide technical computer assistance to project managers on scheduling and cost control software. Develop and maintain specialized databases.
- Provide training and ongoing support for end users of Capital Programs systems.
- BA/BS degree in Civil Engineering preferred, Management or Business Administration or related field accepted as well.
- 0-3 years of experience in related field: experience in project scheduling, estimating, controls, budgeting and database management on capital projects preferred. Equivalent professional work experience accepted as well.
- Demonstrated verbal and written communication skills.
If you are interested, please email a cover letter and resume to Leila Cahillane, LCahillane@citypointpartners.com
Tell Us About Yourself
HOW MAY WE HELP?
Tell us a little about your needs or request a call back from one of our engineers.