JOB POSTINGOffice Engineer
We are seeking to fill a full-time position of Office Engineer to support a construction project in transportation, working from a project office located in Boston, MA.
Essential Job Duties
The Office Engineer will work closely with the Resident Engineer and provide technical and administrative support to the project team. The Office Engineer’s duties and responsibilities may include but are not limited to:
- Assist the Resident Engineer with daily field operations
- Field site inspections and documentation of construction activities
- Coordination with municipal clients and contractors
- Recognize construction or engineering issues and communicate with Resident Engineer to resolve them effectively
- Project Documents Coordination
- Establish and maintain project record files and correspondence
- Assist with progress meeting agendas preparation and record minutes
- Review Inspector Reports for accuracy and completeness
- Prepare and maintain project records including weekly and monthly project status reports
- Track project schedules and budgets as directed
- Project Contracts
- Track and maintain all project plans and drawings
- Assist with coordination of change orders, RFI’s, submittals, and business communication
- Assist with contract claims and negotiations
- Review and process contractor’s submittal of shop and working drawings
Must have construction/engineering experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Civil Engineering or Construction, or equivalent in a related field
- 5+ years of experience in the engineering and construction industry
- Proficiency with MS Office Professional including but not limited to MS Outlook, MS Word MS Excel, Adobe Acrobat Pro, scanning and imaging applications.
- Ability to interface with a variety of people and be able to work as part of a team.
- Strong proofreading and quality control skills. Careful attention to detail and accuracy are a must.
- Must be highly organized and detail-oriented.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Ability to work independently without detailed direction or supervision.
- Flexible and able to readily adapt to changing priorities and take direction from more than source working to bring all team members together, and effectively communicate schedule and/or priority conflicts, changing priorities and/or assignments.
- Sensitivity to time deadlines so that work is accomplished in the time frames required.
- Working knowledge or previous experience using e-Builder® software.
- Familiarity with transit, engineering, and/or construction terminology.
- Experience in or knowledge of the railroad industry.
Equal Opportunity Employment
City Point Partners is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, national origin, or disability.
Diversity and Inclusion
City Point Partners is committed to investing in a diverse, equitable, and inclusive workplace where all employees feel welcome and empowered. We believe that a team diverse in people, experiences, and ideas enables us to better understand our clients and the communities we serve. Our firm seeks equity in developing talent, creating opportunities, and promoting leadership among staff.
Why Join City Point Partners?
City Point Partners has won two years in a row the award for “Best Places to Work” in 2016 and 2017. We offer a competitive base salary, excellent benefits package, 401(k) plan, and bonuses. Work/life balance is important to us, as is providing a high level of service and quality to our clients.
Please send resume to Leila Cahillane at firstname.lastname@example.org