JOB POSTINGProject Controls Specialist
City Point Partners is a construction services firm serving the engineering and construction industries. We are looking to hire a Specialist to join our Project Controls team, which provides consulting services for a broad range of clients and projects–public and private.
- Have a clear understanding of plans and specifications for estimate development.
- Working knowledge of CSI work breakdown and division structures, including Uniformat and MasterFormat.
- Knowledge of cost estimating tools such as RSMeans, Sage Estimating, MCACES MII, OnScreen Takeoff, Bluebeam, or others.
- In-depth knowledge of Excel as a tool for calculations and formatting of technical reports.
- Working knowledge of cost control, budgeting, and office automation software such as e-Builder, Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Access, Project).
- Understanding of relational databases and database report writer tools such as MSAccess.
- Perform quantity takeoffs on drawings using on screen methods and quantity reports.
- Review and develop estimates, change orders and time impact determinations for heavy civil and vertical projects including railroads, bridges, highways, industrial buildings and laboratories.
- Perform order of magnitude, schematic and detailed bottom-up estimates.
- Create narrative executive reports and detail reports for estimate deliverables.
- Develop templates for estimates and spreadsheets for executive summary deliverables.
- Build detailed engineering cost reports, change notices, and other cost control tools.
- Analyze and validate estimates performed by others.
- Maintain and update local databases of items and assemblies.
- Create local labor tables for market segments per project.
- Confirm deliverables to clients’ expectations and industry standards.
- Hands-on scheduling experience and working knowledge of Oracle Primavera P6 and MSProject.
- Working knowledge of field construction assemblies, sequencing, and duration of work.
- Ability to develop construction schedules, incorporate changes to schedule baselines and updates.
- Knowledge of earned value methodology, scope control, and change management.
- Prior experience in road, bridge, aviation, and/or rail projects, along with municipal or commercial building projects is preferred.
- Familiar with basic cost analysis and forecasting as it relates to planning and scheduling.
- Familiar with construction contracting and the scheduling implications of contract terms.
- Ability to use drawings and specifications for schedule development.
- Ability to resource load schedule and perform remedial schedule risk analysis.
- Ability to work in concert with contractors, consultants, and clients.
- Ability to keep client satisfaction a top priority.
- Develop full CPM schedule logic for construction projects including milestones, procurement, construction and closeout activities.
- Assist with development and maintenance of scheduling work breakdown structure (WBS) to ensure project coding is effectively used for all project controls applications.
- Participate in and lead project planning and scheduling review meetings and assist with communication and coordination of schedule input to project stakeholders.
- Lead or assist in the development of program/project resource and cost loaded schedules for design, procurement, start-up, construction, and close-out.
- Responsible for assembling data for schedule development and updating.
- Develop and maintain templates and layouts for project development and reporting.
- Produce scheduling analysis and management reports and assist with tracking corrective actions.
- Develop municipal and state agency requirements for contractor time determination schedules.
- Develop contractor baseline schedule and achieve acceptance from agency reviewers.
- Review and approve contractor baselines and schedule updates.
- Review and develop updated and progressed schedules for monthly submissions conforming to contractor payment requisitions and prepare reports for project stakeholders.
- Measure progress and review invoices of contractors to confirm schedule conformance.
- Conduct or assist with performance measurement and associated schedule trends.
- Update schedules for change orders and time impact determinations.
- Analyze contractor schedules, schedule variances and construction data to identify key project issues and recommend corrective action.
- Analyze contractor critical path updates, schedule progress, and evaluate schedule options.
- Assist with coordination, reconciliation and integration of functional schedules to maintain the project/program control schedule
PROGRAM COST ANALYSIS
- Provide cost analysis on contracts and expenditures for assigned projects in the Capital and OPM Programs. Collect actual and projected costs on projects and analyze status of contracts and expenditures.
- Prepare reports on capital expenditures and utilization of funding, including anticipated and actual cash flow curves and analysis to support the finance aspects.
- Participate in planning meetings to assist in developing Critical Path Methods schedules that identify critical activities, project relationships, and cash flow needs and analyses.
- Provide technical computer assistance to project managers on scheduling and cost control software. Develop and maintain specialized databases.
- Provide training and ongoing support for end-users of Capital Programs systems.
- BA/BS degree in Civil Engineering preferred, Management or Business Administration or related field accepted as well.
- 0-3 years of experience in a related field: experience in project scheduling, estimating, controls, budgeting, and database management on capital projects preferred. Equivalent professional work experience accepted as well.
- Demonstrated verbal and written communication skills.
Equal Opportunity Employment
City Point Partners is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, national origin, or disability.
Diversity and Inclusion
City Point Partners is committed to investing in a diverse, equitable, and inclusive workplace where all employees feel welcome and empowered. We believe that a team diverse in people, experiences, and ideas enables us to better understand our clients and the communities we serve. Our firm seeks equity in developing talent, creating opportunities, and promoting leadership among staff.
Why Join City Point Partners?
City Point Partners has won three years in a row the award for “Best Places to Work” in 2016, 2017, and 2018. We offer a competitive base salary, excellent benefits package, 401(k) plan, and bonuses. Work/life balance is important to us, as is providing a high level of service and quality to our clients.
Please send resume and cover letter to Leila Cahillane at firstname.lastname@example.org