JOB POSTINGProject Manager – OPM Group
This position reports directly to the Director of Program Management. The Project Manager will manage project teams comprising of field staff and administrators. The Project Manager will also work with the company’s Project Controls group on schedule evaluation and budget control and will work with the Contracts Manager on accounting and invoicing.
• Oversee projects and project delivery as the Owner’s representative on project assignments from planning through project completion and close-out. Ensure proper oversight and timely reporting of costs, schedule, quality, and contract administration.
• Oversee selection of designer and contractor for public building construction projects.
• Contribute to proposal responses and participate in presentations and interviews to win work.
• Draft fee proposals, review contracts with clients, and maintain positive client relations. Prepare requests for additional services when appropriate and maintain job profitability for City Point Partners.
• Plan, develop, and update project budgets and schedules.
• Review and negotiate change orders in the best interests of the client.
• Contribute to resolution of construction-related issues, disputes, and disagreements.
• Ensure client satisfaction with City Point Partners’ OPM services.
• Ensure that projects teams adhere to OSHA and EH&S standards and policies.
• Oversee and ensure the effective performance of project teams, comprising architects, consulting engineers, contractors, and vendors.
• Challenge project teams to identify and implement cost and time-saving measures.
• Lead project meetings, client meetings, and internal team meetings.
• Perform site visits as required.
• Professional demeanor, appearance, and conduct.
• Motivated, self-starter, organized, positive attitude, energetic personality.
• High level of personal integrity and business ethics.
• Ability to provide effective leadership on projects from start to finish.
• Basic knowledge of ground-up construction and renovation work
• Knowledge and experience working with MGL Chapter 149 and 149(a)
• Understanding of contractor prequalification process.
• Ability to deal directly with owners, architects, and contractors.
• Basic knowledge of trade activities for both subcontract and self-performed scopes of work.
• Commitment to superior client service.
• Strong interpersonal and communication skills – oral, written, and listening.
• Strong time management and meeting management skills.
• Building construction plans and specifications literacy.
• Ability to conduct constructability reviews.
• Computer literacy in Microsoft Office Suite software and specialized construction scheduling and project management software.
• Administrative and organizational skills.
• Bachelor of Science in Construction Management, Engineering, or Architecture.
• 5+ years of experience as a Project Manager in the construction building sector, with at least 2 years of experience working as an OPM.
• Experience in municipal, State, and Education construction.
• Experience procuring construction projects under Chapter 149A.
• Certified Construction Manager (CCM), Professional Engineer (PE) or Architect RA license/certification is a plus.
• MCPPO certification a plus.
• OSHA training, LEED accreditation, Lean Management training are a plus.
Equal Opportunity Employment
City Point Partners is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, national origin, or disability.
Why Join City Point Partners?
City Point Partners has won three years in a row the award for “Best Places to Work” in 2016, 2017, and 2018. We offer a competitive base salary, excellent benefits package, 401(k) plan, and bonuses. Work/life balance is important to us, as is providing a high level of service and quality to our clients.
Please send resume and cover letter to Leila Cahillane at email@example.com