JOB POSTINGPublic Outreach Specialist
he Public Outreach Manager develops and implements public outreach and awareness programs on behalf of clients. The purpose of each program is to deliver strategic, responsive communications services that inform and engage public stakeholders regarding the schedule, scope, impacts, and benefits of public infrastructure projects and private developments.
It is anticipated that the selected candidate will be assigned full-time to a dynamic, multi-year contract as a departmental Communications Lead supporting a government agency at a senior level. The Public Outreach Manager will serve as an embedded member of a cross-functional management team focused on driving transformative and sustainable cultural change within the organization and publicly reporting on milestones and progress via internal and public-facing media channels. This is a highly strategic, deadline-driven role requiring senior-level expertise in the development and implementation of internal and public-facing multimedia programs supporting the initiatives of the agency.
Essential Job Duties
- Work closely with clients to develop and execute complex local and regional outreach and awareness campaigns for projects, in compliance with state and federal policy
- Closely coordinate project design and construction decisions with elected officials, regulatory agencies, environmental justice organizations, business leaders, civic groups, and abutting neighborhoods to promote consensus and coalition building
- Research and develop detailed public involvement plans, stakeholder engagement plans, and public outreach strategy documents
- Develop marketing, design, and communication materials on behalf of clients
- Facilitate public meetings, in-person and virtual
- Create multimedia content, strategy, and management
- Organize and host virtual events with a large group of people with Zoom, Teams, or similar virtual platform
- Support project and community planning efforts with various forms of data collection
- Assist with proposal writing and business development
- Participate in project planning and scheduling
- Attend client and team meetings, issue agendas and minutes
- Develop and maintain detailed stakeholder contact databases
- Provide support to clients and other team members and help meet deadlines for internal and external deliverables
- Well-versed in content planning and creative communication strategies
- Demonstrated oral and written communication skills
- Strong Microsoft Office Suite skills, including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Event scheduling experience, with excellent organizational and time management skills
- Familiar with virtual meeting platforms (i.e. Microsoft Teams, Zoom)
- Social media savvy and familiar with social media marketing tools
- Ability to build strategic customer relationships and ensure client satisfaction
- Ability to coordinate and work in concert with clients, team members, other contractors and consultants
- Ability to problem-solve, prioritize deliverables, maintain schedules, and flexibility to adapt to last-minute changes and issues
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Communications, Public Relations, Political Science, or equivalent professional experience
- 5+ years of experience in communications, public relations, legislative affairs, public or private construction project administration
- Knowledge of local, State, and Federal public engagement policies and protocols, the MA State Open Meeting Law, Environmental Justice populations, accessibility requirements, and knowledge of municipal and state agencies are preferred
- Prior experience in road, bridge, transportation, rail, or construction industries is a plus
Diversity & Inclusion
City Point Partners is committed to investing in a diverse, equitable, and inclusive workplace where all employees feel welcome and empowered. We believe that a team diverse in people, experiences, and ideas enables us to understand better our clients and the communities we serve. Our firm seeks equity in developing talent, creating opportunities, and promoting leadership among staff.
City Point Partners is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, national origin, or disability.
Why Join City Point Partners?
City Point Partners was recognized in 2022 by the Greater Boston Chamber of Commerce as one of their Small Business of the Year Honorees in the Cultural Excellence category. Additionally, for three consecutive years, we were honored by the Boston Business Journal as one of their “Best Places to Work”. We offer a competitive salary and benefits package. Work/life balance is important to us, as is providing a high level of service and quality to our clients.
Please send resumes to Office Manager Leila Cahillane at email@example.com