JOB POSTINGPublic Outreach Specialist
City Point Partners is a construction services firm serving the engineering and construction industries. We are looking to hire a Public Outreach Specialist to join our team and help support communications and stakeholder engagement activities across a range of local and regional construction projects.
Essential Job Duties
• Research and develop detailed public involvement plans, stakeholder engagement plans, and public outreach strategy documents while ensuring compliance with state and federal Environmental Justice policy
• Develop marketing, design, and communication materials on behalf of clients
• Organize and host virtual events with a large group of people with Zoom, Teams, or similar virtual platform
• Facilitate public meetings (in-person and virtual)
• Perform content development, editorial review, and final production of communication materials
• Social media management, content development, and strategy
• Assist with proposal writing and business development
• Participate in project planning and scheduling
• Attend client and team meetings, issue agendas and minutes
• Develop and maintain detailed stakeholder contact databases
• Provide support to clients and other team members and help meet deadlines for internal and external deliverables
• Well-versed in content planning and creative communication strategies
• Demonstrated oral and written communication skills
• Strong Microsoft Office Suite skills, including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
• Event scheduling experience, with excellent organizational and time management skills
• Familiar with virtual meeting platforms (i.e., Microsoft Teams, Zoom)
• Social media savvy and familiar with social media marketing tools
• Ability to build strategic customer relationships and ensure client satisfaction
• Ability to coordinate and work in concert with clients, team members, other contractors, and consultants
• Ability to problem-solve, prioritize deliverables, maintain schedules, and have the flexibility to adapt to last-minute changes and issues
• A Degree in Communications, Public Relations, Political Science, or equivalent professional experience
• 5+ years of experience in communications, public relations, legislative affairs, and public or private construction project administration
• Knowledge of local, State, and Federal public engagement policies and protocols, the MA State Open Meeting Law, Environmental Justice populations, accessibility requirements, and knowledge of municipal and state agencies are preferred
• Prior experience in road, bridge, transportation, rail, or construction industries is a plus
Diversity and Inclusion
City Point Partners is committed to investing in a diverse, equitable, and inclusive workplace where all employees feel welcome and empowered. We believe that a team diverse in people, experiences, and ideas enables us to understand better our clients and the communities we serve. Our firm seeks equity in developing talent, creating opportunity, and promoting leadership among staff.
City Point Partners is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, national origin, or disability.
Why Join City Point Partners?
City Point Partners has won three years in a row the award for “Best Places to Work” in the Boston Business Journal. We offer a competitive base salary and benefits package. Work/life balance is important to us, as is providing a high level of service and quality to our clients.
Please send resumes to Office Manager Leila Cahillane at email@example.com