JOB POSTINGStaff Accountant
City Point Partners is a construction services firm serving the engineering and construction industries. We are seeking a part-time Staff Accountant to join our team.
Essential Job Duties
- Maintain financial reports, records, and general ledger accounts.
- Perform monthly balance sheet reconciliations.
- Prepare journal entries, analyses, and account reconciliations and assist with monthly close processes while ensuring compliance with GAAP.
- Assist with the creation and analysis of company budgets.
- Assist with independent auditor relationships and audit engagements, including audits relating to indirect accounting functions. Help manage the CPA firm on annual tax planning, preparation, and filing at the company level.
- Maintain compliance with state business filings for various corporate entities.
- Oversee A/R and A/P processes. .
- Perform ad hoc responsibilities as requested by the Financial Contract Manager and President.
- BS/BA in Accounting, Finance, or related discipline.
- Minimum of 2+ years as Staff Accountant with a track record of success and increasing responsibility or relevant combination of education and experience.
- Must have knowledge of Federal Acquisition Regulations (FAR) as applicable to overseeing the company’s Indirect Cost Rate.
- Strong analytical and organizational skills. Strong analytical and quantitative abilities with a good understanding of mathematical concepts.
- Knowledge of policies, procedures, and systems of internal control, especially around revenue recognition.
- Superb business software knowledge; expert technology user. Deltek Vision or other project-based accounting system experience. Expertise in Microsoft Office products (Excel, PowerPoint, Word, Access). Demonstrated experience using Excel to build and maintain complex financial models as well as perform financial and data analysis.
- Keen attention to detail, with an ability to spot errors.
- Ability to work in concert with contractors, consultants, and clients.
- Ability to keep client satisfaction a top priority.
Diversity and Inclusion
City Point Partners is committed to investing in a diverse, equitable, and inclusive workplace where all employees feel welcome and empowered. We believe that a team diverse in people, experiences, and ideas enables us to better understand our clients and the communities we serve. Our firm seeks equity in developing talent, creating opportunities, and promoting leadership among staff.
City Point Partners is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, national origin, or disability.
Why Join City Point Partners?
City Point Partners has won three years in a row the award for “Best Places to Work” in the Boston Business Journal. We offer a competitive salary and benefits package. Work/life balance is important to us, as is providing a high level of service and quality to our clients.